Question and Answers
Q.1 What does “Akhund” mean?
Ans. “Akhund” is a Sindhi word derived from a Persian word “Khandan” which means “to read”. It is the best word to express the teachers dignity and status.
Q.2 How does a teacher fulfill, God’s command?
Ans. The teacher fulfills God’s command by acting upon the first relation i.e. “to read” (IQRA). Teacher observe God’s Law by reading from the human heart, the nature and the Holy book.
Q.3 What are the qualities of a teacher?
Ans. Teacher must possess some personal and professionals Gaits. Personal qualities include interest for knowledge, reverence for all sorts knowledge, preference for students welfare. The other qualities are love to learn from every source and also to apply practically what he preaches.
Q.4 Why is fish important for us?
Ans. Fish is important, for us because it is a source of food and several by-products are obtained from fish i.e. glue, manure, liver oil. Catching fish is one of the most ancient and common profession of the world due to which a large number of people are engaged with this profession. It is also a flourishing trade.
Q.5 What are the different modes of fishing?
Ans. Freshmen fishing or fishing – inland and sea or marine fishing are the two different modes of fishing. Freshwater fishing is done in rivers, Lakes, streams, ponds etc while marine fishing is done in oceans, sea, coastal areas etc.
Q.6 Why do people like freshmen fish?
Ans. People like freshment fish because of its delicious taste. They are of very small size and easier to catch rather than marine fishing. It is usually caught from rivers, lakes, ponds, canals etc.
Q.7 Where is marine fishing done in Pakistan?
Ans. In Pakistan, marine fishing is done in the Arabian sea long the coast. The hazards of marine fishing include prolong stay o the fisherman in deep sea. The other danger is sudden change of weather, which can result in the loss of many lives.
Explain any one quality of a teacher.
The most elegant quality of a teacher is that he takes keen interest in learning from every source. He does not hesitate in capturing knowledge from every point in life. He does not keep himself committed to the books only. But tries to gain knowledge from any and everyone. even those younger or less gifted than himself. It means that he remains student forever. So, the good teacher is one who is enthusiastic for gaining knowledge from every source of life.
Before railways were made the cultivator derived little benefit on abundant harvest. He could not send his product to distant places to be sold; and if the land produced more than it was required in any particular district, as would happen in a good season. Prices fell and the cultivator was deprived of the profit which he might have expected, indeed, he often found it more economical to leave apart of his crop circuit. Railway has altered these conditions equalized has enabled agricultural, produce the improvements in communication to be sent to any distance with the result that prices have been in all places, within reasonable distance from the railway. When harvest are abundant, foodstuffs no longer not for want of buyers, since the farmer now has access to all the markets of the world.
1. Write down to main problems the farmer had to face before railways were made?
Ans. The main hazards the farmer had to face were that he could not send his produce to the far-flung areas. The other problem was that if more crop is harvested, the prices fell and he deprived of the profit.
2. Why did the prices of agricultural produce fall in good season?
Ans. the prices of agricultural products fell in good season because of abundant quantity of produce.
3. Why did the cultivators sometimes leave a part of his crop uncut?
Ans The farmers sometimes left a part of their crop uncut because it was found more economical for them other than getting low prices for the produce.
4. How has the improvement in communication helped to equalize the prices of agriculture produce?
Ans. The improvement in communication has helped to equalize the prices of agricultural products because after the establishment to transport link, the products can be taken to part of the world.
5. Change the bold verbs into Present Tense.
Ans. were made – are made, derived – derive
Fill in the Blanks
- The teacher examined each student carefully.
- River Indus is an important reservoir of water for irrigti
- Stamp collecting is a good hobby.
- The lunch was very tasty.
- They are modernizing their mill by importing new machinery.
- Manara is an off-shore isla
- Coal Car is a by-product of petr
Put the verb in correct tense.
- I shall stay(stay) here until he comes (come) back.
- If you speak(speak) the truth, i shall not punish (not punish) you.
- When he reached (reach) the station the train had arrived (arrive).
- I found (find) the book which i had lost (lose).
- If you do not hurry (not hurry) you will miss (miss) the tra
- If it does not rain (not rain) we shall go (go) out for a walk in the evening.
- If he studies (study) regularly he will pass (pass) the examinatio
- He went (go) to the market and bought (buy) two exercise books yesterday.
- I go (go) abroad for higher studies as soon as my result is announced (announce).
- The teacher punished (punish) the boys who hadn’t done (not done) the homework.
Use of “Since” or “For”.
- It has been raining since morning.
- They have been playing foot ball for an hour.
- I have been living in this house since January.
- She has been suffering from fever for two day
- I have been preparing for the examination since Sunday la
- He has been building a house for six m
- The girl has been making a doll since noon.
- He has been studying in this school since 1984.
- To back out of something.
Meaning: To withdraw from an agreement.
Sentence: You gave you word that you should help. Don’t back out of it.
- To beat about the bush .
Meaning: To go around the topic in order to avoid the point.
Sentence: Say exactly what you mean and stop beating about the bush.
- Bone to pick with someone.
Meaning: grievance about something.
Sentence: I have a bone to pick with you.
- Reflection – Image
- Enshrined – preserved carefully
- Divine – of God
- Dignity – honour
- Par excellence – the best
- cultivating – developing
- professional – concerning one’s job
- regard – opinion
Choose the Right Meaning
- reverencing – (reversing, paying respect to, referring)
- appreciates – (thinks, pays money to values)
- inscribed – (demand, written, described)
- decree – (certificate, command, temperature)
- ponders – (thinks about, wanders about, swims about)
- gifted – (rewarded, talented, indobted)
- sources – (influences, wounds, fountains)
- strives (groups, tries hard, sleeps)
- incorporation – (put an end to, make part of , make a role of )
- status – (a country, position, property